…because that’s just how it’s going to be as it’s been eons since my last post.
- My semester is OVER! No more photoshop projects or photography assignments due. The lack of deadlines feels slightly weird, but not unwelcome. And besides, it’s just in time for my summer work with the San Diego County Animal Services – I’m working as a feline photographer to help promote and adopt cute and adorable kitties. Sigh. The first goal – is to help awesome kitties get adopted. The second goal – to not adopt any myself.
But with a look like this, um… it’s hard to NOT feel a tug at my heart strings:
……or this ~
Like I said – we’ve got TWO kitties already and I refuse to become a crazy cat lady. Help them get adopted to loving homes? YES. Cat Hoarder – NO.
- Getting ready for upcoming deployment #4. I bought deli meat from the store yesterday, and the expiration date was after the Yank is expected to leave. Lovely. Just part of the military life, I suppose.
- Final concert weekend with the La Jolla Symphony for our 2011-2012 season! FREE Friday dress rehearsal from 7-10, Saturday concert at 7:30, and Sunday we perform at 2 pm – Mandeville Auditorium on the campus of UCSD. It should be GOOD – the Firebrand is really growing on me, even though there’s a section in the fifth movement that I have NO hope of playing – it’s still a really cool piece. The Barber Piano Concerto reminds me of Indiana Jones, and overall I’m excited! It’s been a great season, and in spite of my missed notes and the occasional odd look from our conductor, I love playing. Looking forward to 2012-2013 season!
- Still a little sad – but resigned – to not being outside in the full sun. I think this will be a lifelong grapple. Even something as sipping coffee outside – shade is my friend and if there’s none to be found, I’m inside. But it could be worse – right?
- Speaking of the Yank… we went hiking last week to our local (but far) mountains. The Lagunas are always awesome – no mountain lions to be found, lots of awesome views, and a post-hike beer at Alpine Beer Company with my best friend…. what’s not to love?