Running on Bainbridge Island has been magical.
* I saw a pair of bald eagles
* I discovered a new trail! Nute’s Pond was, um, very muddy and pond-y. But it was also a lot of fun.
* Have seen and heard lots of running water and countless waterfalls.
* Every morning when I head out, I say, “Good Morning Goats!” to the resident goats across the street. Because when you are greeted by goats, you just have to greet them back.
* Have marveled on the amount of moss growing on the trees. And mailboxes.
* Discovered that while Invisible Fences DO indeed work, I will still come close to shitting myself when charged at by a territorial pooch, before catching sight of the very small invisible fence sign.
* Dodged lots of muddy spots – sometimes successfully.
* Don’t worry about sunscreen
* Check to see if the mountains are “out” – they usually aren’t, but Rainier was visible on my first day here.
* Breathed really hard running up Toe Jam Hill Road
* Have covered many happy trails and miles.